Thursday, November 17, 2011

Styling the Bookcases

Styling the Bookcases: What an exciting post this will be, huh? I have to be honest here, I do NOT like styling things.... This part of home decor usually stresses me out when it comes to bookcases. I don't know why.... I think because it is not natural for me. I can pick out colors and textiles, and put them together easily, but setting up the little vignettes has always been harder for me. So bear with me, because I did my best!

You may remember I showed you the bookcases I finished for our living room. After letting the paint set for several days, I got to work styling them. Of course, we needed a place for our books, though we had already put some in the guest room. So that was the first thing I pulled out to use. I also had a bunch of milk glass sitting around that I thought would pop nicely against the orange. I gathered some meaningful photos and other meaningful pieces, like the artwork Sawyer made me for Valentine's Day last year and the horse I inherited from my grandmother. And I added in a couple of goodwill paintings I had found and fell in love with. Lastly, I added in some glittered pinecones leftover from an upcoming project- they give a little seasonal touch. And here they are, styled and prettied up! Oh, and this room has no overhead light and it is rainy here today, so I apologize for the not-so-great photos!






And there you have it. There is only so much I can say about bookcase styling.

No comments:

Post a Comment